Monday, March 22, 2010

That Great Opportunity

So, Friday was the Kamehameha song contest, and we actually went…yup, Jaymason’s best friend gave us his tickets so we had to go to support him and Jaymason’s former classmates (although Jaymason did not don the color green).
Of course, if you’ve attended, it becomes a show down of class spirit, class pride, and class bragging rights. Everything that is given out represents your class color (Orange-Seniors, Green-Juniors, Purple-Sophomores, and Red-Freshmen)…SO WE, Jaymason and I, had a bright idea…
My son was given that great Kamehameha opportunity in 2007, when he started his high school days as a Freshman, and he loved it. But, as the years went by, he decided to forego that great opportunity to attend Castle High School. With this being his first year as a Knight, he accomplished a lot more than he ever would have as a Warrior. And although he left his Kamehameha opportunity behind, he always kept in touch with his friends. So, as we were brainstorming about gifting ideas, we decided on leis…Maroon and Gold (Castle colors) leis…hahaha…
So as the classes sang their songs, I sat there making yarn leis. I got looks, smirks and this ignorant parent behind me made a comment that went something like this:
*daughter: mom, I thought their colors are Blue and White…is it Blue and White?
*mom: yes, you are right…each class has a different color but (in a much louder tone as if she was talking straight to the back of my head) Kamehameha’s school color IS BLUE AND WHITE…
Oh, I turned slightly and was about to tell that bitch off…you know, basically, if you don’t know my story or my son’s, then keep your sorry comments to yourself because in the end, his TRUE friends appreciated the leis! We didn’t even have to tell them the reasoning…They were like, you representing the Knights, but you’re still a Warrior. They know they have that great opportunity, but they also know my son has one too…True friends are hard to find, and I’m glad my son found his!!

No comments:

Post a Comment